his funeral home was established in the mid 1800's by Mr. A.G. Getchell. The physical location at the time was 38 North Main Street. Mr. Getchell and his son continued to operate the business until the late 1920's when it was purchased by Mr. Frederick Noe who moved the location to the corner of Perry Hill and School Streets. Mr. Noe passed away unexpectedly shortly after he purchased the funeral home. The business was then purchased by Mr. Milton E. Temple who, during the 1930's, relocated to the current location on Worcester Street. In 1947, the Roney family became owners with Mr. and Mrs. (Edna) Robert C. Roney purchasing the business from Mr. Temple. The records, from the late 1800's on, are still with us and are available to family descendents.
In 1970, the second generation of the Roney family, Stephen H. Roney became a fully licensed, registered funeral director and joined the business with his parents. In 1978, Stephen's wife, Diane (Dauphinais) Roney, joined in the family business, becoming a registered lady apprentice. In 1982, Mr. Robert Roney entered into semi-retirement and turned full operation of the business over to his son Stephen. Robert passed away in 2005 and our family extends his legacy in our business with great pride.
In 1999, Diane's daughter, Cheryl Faucher, joined the business as Office Manager. In 2009 Christopher Roney became a fully licensed, registered funeral director. Working together, Stephen, Diane and Chris serve the families who contact us with great pride and dedication.
The Roney family will proudly continue the over 125 years of family service this firm has provided. It will always be our goal to provide comfortable, affordable services in the tradition of:
"Our Family Serving Your Family"